Thursday, December 31, 2015

Page 365 of 365

HAPPY NEW YEARS…EVE! Sorry it has been such a long time since I have posted, it’s been quite a busy holiday season.  Well friends, today is page 365 in our 365 page book that we like to call 2015. Today is the last day to take advantage of the resolutions and opportunities 2015 has had to offer.  Although today is a last, tomorrow will be the beginning of brand new opportunities’ and chances to make changes in our lives in the coming year. 
Well I just want to take a moment today to reflect on 2015.  In 2015 I graduated high school and started college at a wonderful university.  I lost many friends, but I also gained many friends this year.  I also lost my friend Taylor, but this year she taught me so much about living life to the fullest and what true friendship looks like.  This year I learned to value myself.  I learned that beauty is not determined by a number o the scale, and intelligence isn’t shown by a GPA or a score on the SAT.  I learned that God made me in his image, and that makes me beautifully and wonderfully made.  This year I also realized I deserve more than crap, in the wise words of Christina Yang, “If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, you need to stop expecting crappy things to happen and demand better.”   As a daughter of God, I deserve what God has in store for me, which is better than I could ever imagine.  2015 taught me how to forgive people, no matter how bad they have hurt me, and how my past does not have to determine my future.  The most important thing I learned this year was, no matter what life throws at you, if you trust in God everything will be okay in the end.
 This year has also been full of so many memories I will never forget.  From placing third in the conference in the mile, to graduating high school, to being accepted to Carolina and receiving a full tuition scholarship to Methodist.  I have done things like run in my first college cross country meet, to looking at Christmas lights at midnight in the middle of finals week (sorry Mom).  All of these memories have shaped and formed me into the person I have become.  I’ve learned how to be a leader, I’ve learned how to love others, and I’ve learned how to trust God.
God has also done amazing things in my life in 2015.  Not as much at the beginning as he has toward the end.  Anyone who knows me knows I have really dove into my faith within the last 4 months.  He has really spoken to me through the stories of Sarah and Abraham and Isaac.  God has been working on helping me become his hands and feet, and teaching me how to serve others with a joyful heart.  God has blessed me and taught me with wonderful friends who have helped me grow in my faith and helped me become hungry for God and his purpose for my life.
As 2015 comes to an end, I have been thinking about what I want in 2015, my goals some will say.  So I think I will share them with you (and maybe you will even help keep me accountable)….
1.     Eat healthier, drink more water, and eat more salt
2.     Go to bed earlier
3.     Exercise at least 5 days a week
4.     Clean out
5.     Accomplish at least 5 bucket list items
6.     Be more supportive and loving to my friends
7.     Go out of my way to help people
8.     Read my bible at least 4 days a week and do a daily devotion (that will help me grow in my faith)
9.     Don’t expect perfection form myself
10. Make myself the right person
11. Love extravagantly
12. Work on my relationships with family members
13. Finish Grey’s Anatomy (I know it’s a silly resolution)
14. Relearn to play the piano and guitar
15. Knit all my friends hats
16. Grow in my relationship with Christ
17. Show Christ in how I live my life
18. Run 13.1 miles
19. Become more patient and forgiving
20. Write a blog post twice a week

I know that is a lot of goals, but I hope to at least accomplish the majority of these.  Well as we journey into 2016, I wish you all the best and hope you accomplish all that you set your mind to.  Stay beautiful friends.

1 comment: